Sunday, May 23, 2010

Best laid plans...

I have attached some pics above of knitting that I have been working on and hopefully in the not too distant future I will  finish the piece and send it on it's merry way or unravel the yarn and start again.  I will post the completed items as I get them finished.   Hope you enjoy the pics and let's see if this gives me the push to finish these. There are many knitted items out there that I have finished and I never took any photographs of them ...however I did capture a few of my favourites here. The wee pink cardie ( Baby Bobble Jacket) at the left was knitted with much love for my grand daughter and she wore it when she was about 6 months old, up until about 2 years on special occasions.  She is now 7 years old and tried it on a few months ago and said she could wear it as a shrug...I love how she sees things.  We consider it a work of art...I bought the yarn at John Lewis in Glasgow...amazing yarns like Rowan, Debbie Bliss and pattern books to die for...and knitted quite a bit of it in Scotland before I returned home and for all these reasons I can't part with it. It resides on the back of the chair in the bedroom. The rose sweater below was a challenge and knitted for my daughter with all my love when she was in her early twenties.  It was not the most successful project given the style of it and expecting her to wear it when her fashion sense was the opposite and very much with the times. I put so much work into it that I kept hoping for a good home for it. I will probably unravel it and do something else with the yarn, I think, maybe my grand daughter will get shrug? The wee fair isle sweater was knitted for my friend's first grandson. He should have modelled it for the pattern as he has dancing brown eyes and curly hair...what a cutie. I enjoyed knitting it...another cotton knit.  I think I like cotton dk!!






Talking about best laid plans...I was so looking forward to attending the bulb sale next Saturday morning at Rockway gardens. It is only on once a year and this year I could use the bulbs in the newer location and now something else has come up. Jim has arranged for tickets for James Taylor (one of my my favourite to see in concert- good memories of Massey Hall and outside concerts on hot nights in USA and James' music just seemed magical) and Carole King (what a legend she is and they are great together). So it is off to the ACC for us and an exciting concert to look forward to. We will stay over in T.O. and hopefully have breakfast with family on Saturday morning. How can the bulb sale compete with that :(.

Thanks for dropping by and don't forget to leave a comment.