Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas is coming and the geese ...

Have left town...seriously they are gone.  I did see a few in the skies as we returned from the airport so they must have been on their way out...who could blame them.

Christmas Quote
The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. ~Burton Hillis

I have returned from the south to a very cold and wintry scene here ...it's when I wonder why I live here .   I am sure I came for the warm summers and lovely fall days...no-one mentioned the snow and winter or maybe I just didn't hear that bit...it happens.  However when I think of the season it just wouldn't be the same putting the decorations up in a warmer climate...I am not sure I mean that...but I am trying.

Now that is not to say that the "southerns" are not in spirit of the season...their decorations were beautiful and I visited the "Tartan Room " located at the Inn at Harbour Town and took some pics of their efforts.
 
Lobby at the Inn at Harbour Town HHI
    
The tree in the Tartan Room

I managed to finish two hats and got the sweater in full swing. I have pictures to prove it. I did not get my cross stitch done as I forgot the magnifying glass. I have done this several times in the past... that is why I have four of them. I refused to buy another one as a punishment and a kick in the you know where to smarten it up when you pack your stuff. Why am I punishing me?...so with the Christmas cards to get out today and the tree to pick up tonight it will be later before I work out the schedule to get this done but I am seriously excited about it, so that is the good thing that has come out of this.
Hats

Due to colder climates the hats were popular with the Pirates at
The Salty Dog Cafe in Sea Pines


It was a relaxing week as we watched the dolphins
and the pelicans at the beach, did a bit of shopping,
lots of eating, some drinking ...now back to reality

It is a beautiful life...period! 

No comments: