Sunday, October 24, 2010

Yoga and Blogging

Well, it has been a hectic week and although I am sorry it is over I am looking forward to working on my ID homework, Floral Gift Cross Stitch and my knitting in that order.  I think we all need some relaxation in our lives so I have included a yoga pose to get that started. 

I reviewed the comments and I have included Kathy in the gifting process. I notice Kathy and Starry Eyed Stitcher have gorgeous Irish Setters....Rory and Megan ...one of my favourite breeds. The colour of their coats are gorgeous and their stature....ooohhh, gorgeous ( yes I have used that word three times now). They  hold their heads high which seems to bring the rest of their form into a perfect position...let's try that this week.  Feels like a rope is coming out of the top of your head and pulling you straight up...bet your neck is longer and you probably gain a few inches ( I could use that)...good for your back too!! Okay I'm done but those dogs are gorgeous. I am in awe

Kathy had a JCS magazine giveaway on her blog "Kathy's Stitching" at the same time as mine so although she commented on this blog she did not enter for the giveaway. However I would like to include her in the "little fabric frame" giveaway for her comment about Paris in the springtime - Paris in Ontario is lovely in the springtime too!  I say "too" as I like Paris in the fall also!  It's a great place to walk and get some fresh air whilst browsing through their little shops.  Also included, is Irene "Starry eyed stitcher" for all her comments and support on my "floral gifts" cross stitch.  Her JCS Christmas Ornaments Magazine was ordered way in advance.  I have something special for Irene!

After and exciting week of blogging and gifting I thought this was too good not to share with all of you. Time for everyone to relaxI have a yoga class 2-3 times a week and I benefit greatly from it.  Without it I am aching all over and I get really stiff.  I have found this out the hard way and when I miss a class because of illness or just can't make it for some very, very good reason ( has to be a good reason) then I am on a mission to ensure I make it up, or make my next class and work hard, and I can't wait to get there.  I "found" yoga after some serious surgery and I believe it was one of the things that got me back on my feet...literally. I wish I had found Yoga as a young mother or when I was running to the gym and on the tread mills keeping fit. The gym visits worked but I think some of that workout is hard on a woman's body.

The list below is from Dr. Andrew Weill's bulletins which are always useful when it comes to your health.  The list of seven things he mentions ,which I find are very common in women , can be helped somewhat with yoga.  I believe diet can help also as well as a good attitude.  Give it a try, what do you have to lose?



http://www.abc-of-yoga.com/yogapractice/thebridge.asp
 
Daily Tip from DrWeil.com [e-bulletins@communications.drweil.com]


The Bridge Pose is a powerful tonic for body and mind. It provides an invigorating stretch for the chest, neck and spine. Traditionally, its benefits are said to also include:
  • Calming the mind and alleviating stress and mild depression
  • Stimulating abdominal organs, lungs and thyroid
  • Rejuvenating tired legs
  • Improving digestion
  • Relieving the symptoms of menopause
  • Reducing anxiety, fatigue, backache, headache and insomnia
  • It is also held to be a therapeutic for asthma, high blood pressure, osteoporosis and sinusitis. 
In this pose you are opening up the heart...what a beautiful life it is when your heart is open! When all our hearts are open!!

2 comments:

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

What a really interesting week's blogging you've had Margaret, and you have been so generous to those people who left comments. I have never seen the ornament frames before and wonder where you got them. Interesting we should both have Irish Setters isn't it? They are a glorious dog without a single fault - well except for being as mad as a March hare! Love Irene xx

Maggie O said...

I have included an ornament frame for you Irene...I got them locally and today they had two left but they have more...if you need more than the one I am sending you, just let me know.